Happy Birthday, Shu Yi.
***
Started off my Big Two-O with a run in the park. I have been exercising religiously this week (although only 3 days have gone by)- gym with Michie on Mon, badminton with Bena yesterday and a run today. Then breakfast at Mac's with Xinhui and Hong Ying (one quarter of my working-out gone). Went home, rest and read a book (Harry Potter & TOOP) while waiting for Reubs to come. Decided to get changed only when he arrived (he was nagging at me for lazing around the house and not getting ready) and off we go to celebrate my birthday! Yay!




We went to Marina Square and had lunch at Carl's Junior. Then we caught Die Hard 4.0. The movie was surprisingly good (as expected since Reubs was the one who insisted to watch the show). It's about some 3-step attack called "Firesale" or whatever on the US government. The attackers created havoc and instilled fear in the citizens by bringing down the traffic systems (they hacked into the IT system and changed all traffic lights to green at cross junctions), broadcasting on TV this (hilarious) video clip consisting of phrases and words cut out from various prominent US figures' speech so that when strung together, the sentences sounded threatening, cut off all electrical, water and utility supplies etc. Whatever, the movie mainly revolved around using IT and hacking to manipulate everybody and everything in US. Maybe I should've chosen IT as my specialisation. Maggie Q acted as a bad bitch, but she still sizzled whenever she appeared. HOT!
After the action-packed and Bruce-Willis-laden flick, we walked around Marina Square in an attempt to kill time before proceeding to dinner at Corduroy & Finch.
Actually, there had been a surprise party for me at my house last Sunday. The mastermind was REUBY, and he gathered like all my close friends from primary school to uni. SWEET! When I have the pictures, I will blog again about that another day.
I had soooooooooooooooo much fun celebrating my birthday this year. I received quite a number of presents and also quite a lot of (unexpected) people smsed me to wish me happy birthday too. Touched and blessed! Thanks to everyone who made me so happy =D
♥ 11:42 PM